Comprehensive BoA Links
Last update: 3/20/12.
Disclaimer: This is probably not as comprehensive as it once was. Check TrueSite if you can't find what you want here.
Central Hubs: The places get LOTS of useful information and to discuss BoA.
Designers' Pages and Scenario Downloads: The places to download third-party scenarios and utilities.
- Spiderweb Software: the place to download and register BoA itself. Discussion of all Spiderweb games, including BoA, takes place at the forums. Most scenarios are hosted here at the Scenario List, and the editor is here, too, at the Scenario Workshop. Articles are here, too. Probably most critical is the bugs page, which includes all sorts of arcane things that you would never guess, so READ IT.
- The Blades Forge: Arancaytar's central hub for everything Blades. Designers can load things up directly to this site.
- Shadow Vale: Tyranicus's site. Most notable are the forum and the scenario archive. Shadow Vale briefly took over what the Lyceum used to do/be.
- TrueSite for Blades: Jewels's scenario archive, walkthrough archive, and graphics archive. Also has a very large links list for all of Spidweb.
Graphics: Third-party graphics. The hubs above are probably better bets for most purposes, but these are here for completeness.
- The Halls of Chaos: Niemand's site, home of several VERY useful utilities and his scenarios. If you intend to design, get these utilities.
- Thuryl's Page: with an acronym I will not abuse here, this page houses useful BoA utilities, among other things.
- Stareye's Citadel: site of Stareye, a long-time designer for BoE and BoA.
- Terror's Martyr University: home of TM's scenarios and myriad other things. Of particular note is the Comprehensive BoE Website List, which links to almost every known BoE site.
- Ephesos's Sanctuary: site of Ephesos, home of his work.
- Smoo's BoA Scenarios: Smoo's page, with his scenarios.
- Lazarus's BoA Page: Lazarus's page.
- Thralni's Pages: Home of Thralni's creations, including his scenarios. Also has some graphics and some pages on the nephil language (mostly invented).
- Archmagus Micael's site: DOWN. Formerly Micael's site, where one can download his scenarios, neither of which are easily available from the Spiderweb tables.
- Dallerdin's page: Dallerdin's site, where one can download his scenario, which is not on Spiderweb.
- Erik Westra's Page: DOWN, Formerly the home of Erik Westra's work.
- Nioca's Citadel: Nioca's site.
- Nemesis' Refuge: Nemesis's site, which has some graphics.
- Enraged Slith's Page: Enraged Slith's site, which has some graphics.
- Nikki's Nook: The website of Nik, with his scenarios.
- Dintiradan's Site: The minimalist host of Dintiradan's stuff.
- Ishad Nha's Domain: ports of BoE scenarios by Ishad Nha.
- Stormhall: TGM's dialogue pics.
- The Lyceum: one of the original central hubs. The main page is somewhat dated, and most of the internal material applies mostly to BoE, but a fair amount of it overlaps. The main place of interest is the message board, which is no longer in use but contains archives from the old days.
Utilities and Script Stuff: The places to get scenario-making utilities, custom scripts, or information on scripting/designing.
- The Louvre: home of most of the custom graphics for BoA. Old. Not updated.
- The Blazing Blade: Luz's custom graphics are here. There are so many of them, and they are so good, that they warrant an individual mention. (Go to Custom Graphics for the graphics.)
Misc: Other stuff.
- The BoA Editor Re-Make Project: at Sourceforge, hosting the Windows 3D Editor and an old version of the Mac 3D Editor (Niemand has the current Mac editor at his site).
- The BoA Appendices Wiki: not used as much as it ought to be, this is where designers can make notes about particular calls, explaining them better than the documentation does or telling details that were omitted.
- Drakefyre's Demesne: site of Drakefyre, one of the community oldbies. Of particular note is his BoA page, which contains articles and templates.
- The Black Sickness: DOWN. Formerly UA's site. Its capacity was taken over by the Codex at the Lyceum, though.
- Imban's Lists: A number of useful lists of items, skills, and other things available in each scenario. Now somewhat out of date.
- Ingenious Isaac's Illusion: The original home of the 3D Editor. Now outdated.
Apologies if I've left anything out. Let me know if you have a site that you want added to this list.